Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sleepover vs Sleepless night


 Hiiii,Here I am again with some weird thoughts of mine, actually this time its less of weird and more on emotional side.Sleepover,what? Are you sure? Let me think, well, we will see, exactly I reacted in this way when my son's best friend asked Me." can we have a sleepover?” Actually I never had a proper idea what it is all about? Its just sounds like a fancy name to me. As an Indian, I never had a sleepover during my childhood. In fact staying with friends till late night was never happen in my school life. My son is just eight, he and his friends already planning for sleepover. They are best buddies, smart, intelligent and understanding guys, not so naughty like other children but still being a mother, you can imagine my words can be little biased about them. Well this is not the exact point.
             I still wonder what sleepover is, I still have my childhood memories in my mind as clear as shining screen. During summer holidays, we used to go to my Grandma's place (my mother's mom).If we were not able to plan that visit for some valid reason, we were never unhappy about it, instead many of my cousins used to visit us. We used to play outdoor; of course playing with dolls, kitchen and all girls stuff was one of my favourite games. Sleepless night, giggling till midnight, home made ice creams. Coke, Pepsi and “Thumbs up” were only for guest and we poor children survived only on lemon juice or Ruafzha,ahan! actually very happily.
                During nights if there was any power cut, we used to play Antakshari,divided into Girls vs Boys team and later adults used to join us. Cricket, fire and ice ,Stapu , tippy tippy top (what colour you want?),four corners were also our childhood games, as there were no computer, playstation, x-box or iPad.Climbing on trees, plucking guava ,papaya from our own or neighbour’s trees while all adults were busy in taking their afternoon naps in irritating cooler noise .In the evening we were allowed to play anything inside the house under the supervision of any adult accompanied  with little bit scolding .As our house was really big with open area to play, we hardly visited some parks. We used to have rented VCR with 3 movies ,action, family drama and some another one. I was the one who used to sleep early among all of us and next morning my cousins used to tease me adding some extra spice about the whole night fun.LOL….i went to my childhood !!!! Did you have same as mine???
                 Today, my son, without any reason and warning, he woke up at 6:00 am and he hugged me with his good morning wish. From his big smile and exciting face, I was able to make the reason behind his fresh face. I asked him to go back to bed and sleep again and said, its holidays. However we both were aware about his sleepover, as we already discussed about this last night, so I wanted to spend some time with him in his bed. While talking to each other he asked, are you going to miss me? Is it difficult for you? Its okay mom, you and dad are staying without your parents from so long, one day infact I will not stay with you. I was wondering my little sunny deol who is good in breaking everything in my house, how come Javed Akhtar entered in his little body. And most surprisingly and touchy thing he told me, “Mommy as god is invisible but always with us, you and dad are always with me, may be just invisible”. I thought ohhh!!!, my little master is going on right track at least in applying butter on me.
                After our thirty minute emotional drama we thought to pack his stuff. I kept his mobile on charge, and start keeping his stuff in his bag like tooth brush,pyjama,soccer shoes, rain jacket, his sleeping friend dear teddy bear and one pair of extra cloths with extra warning ,don't dig your nose and don't scratch your bums in front of anyone.Dont make mess in washroom, flush and check again. If you miss me, call me anytime, if you wants me pick you at midnight, we will reach there. I know he will be having lots of activities include staying up late,talking,eating junk and playing until falling asleep .With my extra instruction, lots of hugs and kisses. I dropped him at his friends place and told his friend's mom; do call me if you have anything to say. We hugged each other and here I am but my house looks so dull and quite now, there is no one to disturb me at this moment. its annoying really annoying, I don't like this silence .But its a good move for both of us ,we should learn to live without each other ,I know one day he will leave us for good .Although its just a small break but its giving me sleepless night.

Disha Saxena

2 comments:

  1. Kuch jyada hi emotional bana diya....
    we used to have sleepover while childhood....especially during festivals.....and still, if get a chance to meet old frnds.....after a long tym......but..i think it was more from the point of view of a mother........thats weird.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samir,yeah,kind of weird , may be sounds like as mother's point.....now days hardly any joint family and this generation is not aware about the fun,adjustment and sharing.keep reading,commenting and motivating me :)

      Delete