Saturday, August 11, 2012

Angry Birds



        Hiii, Here I am again with some weird thoughts of mine.   Read a paper, watch TV, take some phone calls, check your email, you’ll encounter at least with some thing to get angry about.
   Anger is normal, usually healthy emotions we all experience. But when anger gets out of hand, its can cause problems at home and at work. There are ways you can get control of your anger, instead of letting it control you. There is an old saying 
         “Don’t make decision when you are angry, don’t make promise when you are happy”
       There are few epic examples from Indian mythology which got influenced by anger or happiness. Many great knowledgeable people also affected with their excessive anger or happiness and did blunder with their decisions. Here are few examples:
  • Duryodhan ordered his brother Dushasana to rip off the clothes from Draupadi’s body as Yudhistar lost her in an ugly game in the court since Drapadi was their dasi or slave and was not supposed to wear the dresses worn by a queen.
  • Draupadi has taken a vow that she will not tie her hair till she rinses her hair with the blood of Dushaasan.
  • Bheema was moving around with a pledge that he will never relax till he breaks the thighs of Duryodhana.
  • Arjuna has taken a vow after his son Abhimanyu’s death,he will kill the Jayadratha before sunset next day or would commit  self immolation.
  • Lord Yama admired Savitri’s devotion, courage, firmness, loyality and granted her with many wishes, her father-in-laws sight and kingdom, many children for her father and for herself her husband Satyawan’s life.
                  All these decisions are influenced by excessive emotions. You will regret the decision later, finding them to be too senile and mad.
       Few days back, I noticed, A man and two children, a boy about seven and a girl about five, were sitting just opposite to me in a train. Father was really busy with his computer sending some mails probably and the boy looked his father and said something. Whatever he said set off his father who started yelling at the boy. I could see the boy’s pain as his father’s words hit him. It was heart breaking.
          What happen next took me by surprise, but shouldn’t have. As soon as his father stopped yelling at him, the boy fighting to his little sister and hit her and immediately she burst into tears and throw her hamburger.
          As I thought about that boy, I realize how often I and so many people, I know do a version of the same thing. We say or do something to someone when, really, it’s meant for someone else.
     Before reacting it helps to ask our self, “what mood are they currently in?”
What could have caused him to act this way? What would you do if you were in his situation? Would you repeat his mistake or would you consider different?
      This morning, I woke up anxious with a long list of things in my mind. I was busy doing my things, my eight year old son, came with his football and I immediately felt annoyed. I had the urge to tell him not to disturb me.
   Before reacting though, I remember that man who yelled at his boy who then hit his sister .I didn’t want to continue the chain. I took a deep breath, turned and smiled chain broken.
My reward???? A smile, a hug and the sweetest little kiss. You can imagineJ!!!

Disha Saxena



No comments:

Post a Comment