Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Buffet


Hiii, here I am again with some weird thoughts of mine. I am sure from the title “BUFFET” you are trying to guess, now what’s new? I will not wonder if you are assuming a table filled with variety of your favourite food, dessert and ice creams and you can see yourself standing in the line with plate containing whichever food item you want as you walk along. Well!!!! Stop your imagination here; I am not sharing anything related to food or parties.Although we all know what is buffet. Do you know the meaning of Buffet? Well it is a French word Buffet and it means “get up and get it yourself”.In Buffet, we have many things like soup, starters, main course, dessert and some healthy salads too.  
                  This blog is about "Holiday Buffet". Although we get many kinds of holidays like religious holidays, national holidays, secular holidays and many more but summer holidays are special, because they don’t vanish like weekends instead they stay for long. After having a long day, we all deserve a holiday or break and that’s why we get weekend. In modern days Holiday means any special day for rest and relaxation, just opposite to normal days away from work ,school and college.
           I was eagerly waiting for summer holidays like anyone else. Before it start, I was all excited and made a long list for summer holidays, I decided to make a special buffet table for my holidays, filled with many special items like bright sun shine, sea, barbecue, getting up late in the morning, sleeping late in the night, workout in gym, long walks, healthy food, reading good books, picnic with friends, play days, tours at beautiful locations, laughter, movies and many more things. Once the table was filled with variety of things, everything was tempting to me. I thought as holidays will start, day by day, I will enjoy all the stuff in balance way. I decided to enjoy all the stuff, sun shine, sea, walk, gym, picnic, play days everything. But it was not easy to make right choice.
        As I mentioned before “get up and get it yourself”, it was totally up to me, when I will get up to serve myself, what and how much, I will serve in my plate from my special summer buffet. Sometimes only quality doesn’t matter, quantity also matters a lot. It was totally up to me to serve only laziness or something productive too. Day one came, and I was thinking, ahan!!! Just a first day of my summer holidays, let me be .Day 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on many days were same as day 1. Sleeping late in the nights, bed was looking like the best place in the world for my lazy bones. “Life is incomplete without love and in Sweden life is incomplete without summer”. Every morning my son’s first question use to be, “mamma where we are going today?” Almost everyday we were outdoors, enjoyed the sun and tanned our self badly. Some times we went to parks, lunch at friend's place, lunch at our place; play days, swimming, lazy bones, read few good books too but not many,visit to Gotland, I must say Gotland is like a meditation, everyone should visit once, and my son’s Sleepover too which I already mentioned  in my previous post.
       Holidays are cheap; it’s the accessories that kill you. Doing so many things in summer holidays was not an easy task. Well I am just kidding here.Actually, it’s true I spoiled myself totally during this summer holidays, however now , I think and reflect back, I can see life is about living all the moment completely, living in present. I did the same. Excess of anything is dangerous. Too much of holidays can be dangerous too.” Khali dimaag shaitan ka ghar”. I filled my plate with all the items from my special buffet, yeah!! I did little bit of cheating while selecting the itmes, all were not healthy items but I don’t regret. As our holidays are over but still I am greedy for summer, hoping summer will continue for little long. Now, I am again excited for busy life with my active bones to participate again in rat race .How was your holiday? Are you charged up?

Disha Saxena

2 comments:

  1. I have read your blogs ma'am........weird thoughts I can take , as we all have them some time or the other, but weird spellings I cannot. Kindly use a spell check before you post. Cheers !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,thanks for reading and giving your valuable feedback,I know weird spelling can spoil everything,I will try my best and I will not repeat the same mistake again .Enjoy reading :)

      Delete